In the winter of 1990, I spent six weeks traveling in the canyons of Utah and the redwoods of California with a dog, car and oh yeah, a boyfriend. The following year, we bought a small pop up trailer that we towed with a VW Golf and traveled to Ashville NC, Charleston, Okeefanokee Swamp, Edisto Island in Georgia and landed at Mardi Gras in New Orleans just by luck. I was hooked. For the past 25 years I've been wanting to do this again, but one thing or the other made it just not feel like the "right time." So now it is. Me, dog, car. No boyfriend.

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Giving Thanks.

To my friends who made the trip fun and comfortable along the way. To Pat and Flynn, one of my oldest, dearest friends, and Flynn, now one of Choochi's newest best friends!

Pat and Flynn.

 Pat's incredible lanai spa retreat...... hot tub, pool, porch. And overall dog romping area.

                                   Sarasota                                  

After spending time on the West Coast of Florida from the Crystal River manatees through St. Pete  to Sarasota, I drove five hours back to Fernandina Beach on the East Coast just north of Jacksonville. 

On the East Coast, I got to see my friend Mike again from last year and spend time again boondocking at his place on Fernandina/Amelia. The weather was yuck the first week I was there in January, so Mike invited me to return on the way home. Thank you. 


   Mike's place on Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach.

        Greenway marsh walk Fernandina.

Fabulous Fernandina historic downtown district post office.

         And main street.

     And 13 miles of dog friendly beach.

 Thank you to Jed and Dave for a great time in St. Augustine amidst the chaos of building your dream home.





Thank you to the two new friends I've made, Renee in Fernandina who is a director at the Unity Center there where I did a presentation. And to Gretchen in Spring Hill who rescued me from a sleepless night and gave back three sound ones. Thank you to ACIM hosts Joan in Dayton and Aynne in Palm Coast who put me up in their homes on the fly after my talk.


Thanks for all the quirky stuff you get to see.




And all the amazing beauty.






Special thanks to Crews Lake, a little gem tuck away where I kept my sanity in the concrete jungle of Spring Hill. And for Kathy at the health food store who told me where to find it.


Thank you to George, Nancy and Daniela who watched my house while I was gone. THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Thank you to you all, my readers and supporters of this journey. I love having you along side.

And special thanks to my little best friend Choochi, who has the patience of a saint and pretty much adjusts to just about everything I throw at her. Thank you my dear little friend. 


I should be back home by Valentine's Day.

Might take another week to pull it together at home before I start my regular life.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

With much love..........


Me and dog. And car.


PS -  I will be doing a summary of this trip as I did last of the one last year.


OR


1 comment: