In the winter of 1990, I spent six weeks traveling in the canyons of Utah and the redwoods of California with a dog, car and oh yeah, a boyfriend. The following year, we bought a small pop up trailer that we towed with a VW Golf and traveled to Ashville NC, Charleston, Okeefanokee Swamp, Edisto Island in Georgia and landed at Mardi Gras in New Orleans just by luck. I was hooked. For the past 25 years I've been wanting to do this again, but one thing or the other made it just not feel like the "right time." So now it is. Me, dog, car. No boyfriend.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

OUR PARIS ROUNDUP from a
dog and person's eye view.

Part One
CHOOCHI




1. I discovered pigeons at Notre Dame and how chase-able they are. That was the best part of the trip.




2. I hated the subway grates in the sidewalk.




3. I hated this sign which seems to be everywhere.




4. Paris pee pee was oh so -- OO LAA LAA.



5. I like riding the trains.


6. I could do without being crammed under an airline seat for a while. Who ever measured the underside area of this seat must have been drunk.




7. I love being outside and roaming around. 


8. Crowds don't bother me.

9. I love the grass, when they'd let us.



10. I loved crashing on my bed when we get home. It's usually a long day of walking.



11. I kinda liked my cool carrier with the stealthy windows that we came with. I had to get used to this other piece of shit because some mean human stole the other one.



12. Met a few other dogs, they were generally pretty nice.

13. They say that Paris is the most dog friendly city in the world. The older French people love me. The younger ones don't care so much. 




14. Speaking of which, I've seen a lot more dogs other places than I saw in Paris. 

15. They are way too uptight about their grass. C'est domage!

16. I'd give Paris three out of five bones.



Avec amour, Choochi.



Please post if you feel like it here!

Or just drop us an email.



3 comments:

  1. People are having trouble posting comments for some reason....... let me know in an email what you're experiencing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choochi, they are very protective about their grass in England too. I know how you feel because as a child I'd go to the park to play, and there would be KEEP OFF THE GRASS signs everywhere. :-( So glad that you didn't get sick at least, what an experience you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I did get sick!! And robbed! See the other entries! It was a rough ride.

      Delete