In the winter of 1990, I spent six weeks traveling in the canyons of Utah and the redwoods of California with a dog, car and oh yeah, a boyfriend. The following year, we bought a small pop up trailer that we towed with a VW Golf and traveled to Ashville NC, Charleston, Okeefanokee Swamp, Edisto Island in Georgia and landed at Mardi Gras in New Orleans just by luck. I was hooked. For the past 25 years I've been wanting to do this again, but one thing or the other made it just not feel like the "right time." So now it is. Me, dog, car. No boyfriend.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

BACK HOME EARLY

I decided to bail on the last part of my trip and head back home to have a sweet "staycation."

No pics, but 17 hour drive home was mostly listening to "The TED Radio Hour" on Pandora. Check it out- good stuff.

LOVE this one.
The most listened to TED talk ever.

Sir Ken Robinson makes an entertaining and profoundly moving case for creating an education system that nurtures (rather than undermines) creativity.


This might be my swan song for this type of travel. Car camping works great out west, not so much here in the east. Too wet, too cold, not enough open space in the winter. It's a different culture out there and I'm SO glad I got to experience it a few years ago.

So unless I want to drive 70 hour across country, probably not happening soon. Or I buy a bigger vehicle that I can hide out in during bad weather that I can actually stand up in. Maybe.

So thank you all for your readership, and I might continue on with this blog as Me, dog,....... who knows? Van? Boat? in the future!

Thank you also to my wonderful hosts this and every year who made it magical.

Love,
Laura and Choochi


No comments:

Post a Comment