In the winter of 1990, I spent six weeks traveling in the canyons of Utah and the redwoods of California with a dog, car and oh yeah, a boyfriend. The following year, we bought a small pop up trailer that we towed with a VW Golf and traveled to Ashville NC, Charleston, Okeefanokee Swamp, Edisto Island in Georgia and landed at Mardi Gras in New Orleans just by luck. I was hooked. For the past 25 years I've been wanting to do this again, but one thing or the other made it just not feel like the "right time." So now it is. Me, dog, car. No boyfriend.

Saturday, February 29, 2020

BREAK IN THE RAIN Sunrise walk on the beach





Slight break this morning for a sunrise stroll.

Van dwelling nomadic surfer guy out early.

My spot at the beach.




Thirteen miles of this loveliness. And all dog friendly.

One of the things that I'm noticing is that many people come up to interact with me, and my first reaction is, "uh oh, I'm in trouble." 

A cop pulled up in North Carolina to ask if I was "broke down" when I was looking at my phone on the side of the road. I thought he was going bust me for looking at my phone on the side of the road. 

A woman pulled up beside me while I was taking a picture and I thought "uh oh, she's going to complain about something I'm doing" and she said "that's the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life (about Choochi)." 

The beach patrol guy came cruising down the beach this morning, and pulled up and I thought "uh oh, he's going to tell me that my leash is too long" and he said "Does she want a biscuit?" 

A woman leaned into my car window a the beach and I thought "uh oh" but I wasn't sure what the uh oh was about. She just was curious about what I was doing and then proceeded to tell me all about her husband who has dementia.  

Clearly, I'm a Yankee, and expect people mostly to not be coming up to me or talking to me to be friendly!


If you want to leave a comment on the blog,
CLICK HERE
and scroll to the end of the entry.



No comments:

Post a Comment