In the winter of 1990, I spent six weeks traveling in the canyons of Utah and the redwoods of California with a dog, car and oh yeah, a boyfriend. The following year, we bought a small pop up trailer that we towed with a VW Golf and traveled to Ashville NC, Charleston, Okeefanokee Swamp, Edisto Island in Georgia and landed at Mardi Gras in New Orleans just by luck. I was hooked. For the past 25 years I've been wanting to do this again, but one thing or the other made it just not feel like the "right time." So now it is. Me, dog, car. No boyfriend.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Roadpro 12 Volt Oven


This is my latest fun road gear. A little oven that runs off 12 volt in your car (or solar if you have a panels and enough sun) and is about the size of a large lunchbox. I'm interested in this to make hot tea and cocoa or to maybe heat up dinner, cook a yam, etc while driving. I couldn't use this without running the car, it would drain the battery quickly. This thing ROCKS! It's aluminium inside, which I don't recommend cooking with because of aluminium toxicity, so I ordered a small vintage pyrex loaf dish on ebay AND I just tested a quart size mason jar and it fits PERFECTLY and heats cold water to tea temp in about 15 mins! They'are about $30 bucks on Amazon.




No comments:

Post a Comment