In the winter of 1990, I spent six weeks traveling in the canyons of Utah and the redwoods of California with a dog, car and oh yeah, a boyfriend. The following year, we bought a small pop up trailer that we towed with a VW Golf and traveled to Ashville NC, Charleston, Okeefanokee Swamp, Edisto Island in Georgia and landed at Mardi Gras in New Orleans just by luck. I was hooked. For the past 25 years I've been wanting to do this again, but one thing or the other made it just not feel like the "right time." So now it is. Me, dog, car. No boyfriend.

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Giving Thanks

Giving thanks for all my dear friends and family today, old and new.......

And for music! Below is my "off the grid" set up for my travel guitar, amp and wireless mic. It struck me that with my solar panel, as a musician, I am completely independent of needing "shore power" to perform with amplification. For ever. Or until I need a new battery. That's pretty cool. And precious.

And for that I am truly grateful to the sun and the technology that produced these amazing tools.

And I hope we continue on as a nation to help move our planet towards cleaner energy and a bright sustainable future. I know that's looking pretty dark at the moment.

With so many of us feeling despair, anger, outrage, defeat....... please remember, it's the small acts every day that make the difference. And if we can collectively harness that passion and turn it towards something productive, something powerful can and will emerge.

So I am off to spend time with these solar powered nomads in a week or so who live in tents, vans and RV's and learn from them...... how we can come together and not only find a sustainable way of life, but a magnificent way of life, which, (from the looks of it), appears to be what they have!



Above...... right to left  "Original" Traveler acoustic electric guitar on an Outad folding chair, Fishman Loudbox Mini amp, AKG Perception SR45 wireless mic, VMax Tanks XTRB4-75 75 amp closed cell marine battery, Cobra 480 400 amp inverter, Innova battery charge meter.



No comments:

Post a Comment