In the winter of 1990, I spent six weeks traveling in the canyons of Utah and the redwoods of California with a dog, car and oh yeah, a boyfriend. The following year, we bought a small pop up trailer that we towed with a VW Golf and traveled to Ashville NC, Charleston, Okeefanokee Swamp, Edisto Island in Georgia and landed at Mardi Gras in New Orleans just by luck. I was hooked. For the past 25 years I've been wanting to do this again, but one thing or the other made it just not feel like the "right time." So now it is. Me, dog, car. No boyfriend.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Testing the tent

Bought this Eureka Sunrise 11 many years ago and haven't used it much. I LOVE this tent, 7 foot tall, 11 foot square. I added to that a tiny 6 foot square "instant pop-up" tent that I put inside to make the space smaller for sleeping and staying warmer.


The little tent is a snap to put up and pretty easy to take down so I can do that every day if I want to. It's one of those fold-it-into-a-figure-eight-then-it-becomes-a-circle-things. Gonna try to spend a few nights out in the cold before I go. The desert in Arizona can get down into the freezing zones at night.


1 comment: