In the winter of 1990, I spent six weeks traveling in the canyons of Utah and the redwoods of California with a dog, car and oh yeah, a boyfriend. The following year, we bought a small pop up trailer that we towed with a VW Golf and traveled to Ashville NC, Charleston, Okeefanokee Swamp, Edisto Island in Georgia and landed at Mardi Gras in New Orleans just by luck. I was hooked. For the past 25 years I've been wanting to do this again, but one thing or the other made it just not feel like the "right time." So now it is. Me, dog, car. No boyfriend.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

The First Bit of Magic.

Took off today, Jan 2nd, at 6 am, drove to Baltimore, then scooted around Washington DC on a stop and go thoroughfare called 301. 

It was on that road that I saw this.

Two birds of prey, (I think they were hawks), locked in what is called a "death spiral" which is a courtship ritual. This is not my footage, I found something similar on Youtube.  It happened fast and at a distance. But it was spectacular.


Got off the road in Fayetteville, NC  at a Motel 6, warm shower and king sized bed very proud of myself that I drove 12 hours only to find that a nasty winter storm was barreling down just south of me right in my path. And it's only supposed to dump a couple of inches but this is like two feet to folks in South Carolina. They don't have a bunch of sand and salt trucks on hand to deal with this. Which means I might be spending another night in Fayetteville.

What's in Fayetteville?

Fort Bragg and a miltary museum. 

Hmmmm..........

Might spend the day binge watching HGTV, or something.

Chillin' at the 6.


or if you're already on the website, just scroll down...........






1 comment:

  1. Love hearing from you, leave your comments below!! xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete